What To Do
Fortunately most of us we are not involved in accidents very often but this can make it difficult to know what to do when it does happen. Here we have provided a little guidance as to what you should do.
Once it is safe and you are in a position to do so, please call us on 0333 772 0806 to see what services we can provide to you.
If anybody is injured, if there is a fire risk due to a fuel leak or if you have suspicions that the other driver may be under the influence of drink or drugs you should call the emergency services for assistance immediately.
Try to remain calm and composed. Anything you say regarding liability could be used against you in your claim so it is important not to make any comments about liability, either at the accident scene or if you are contacted by the third party or their insurer after the accident.
- Try to record as much information about the parties involved as possible including:
- Name, address and telephone number for 3rd party
- Name, address and telephone number of any witnesses
- 3rd party vehicle registration, make and model.
- 3rd party insurance company and policy number
- Exact description of damage and its location, including photographs if possible.
- A plan of the scene of the accident, including photos if possible.
- If you were injured and record a police report of the accident keep the reference given to you for any compensation claim.